Plymouth Building Inspector Dennis Manuwal addressed another property in the city that has been put on notice for unsafe issues.
The Northgate Mobile Home Park at 1627 North Michigan Street was inspected by Manuwal in early May when raw sewage was reported on the ground. His inspection revealed that lots with no homes on them had open sewer connections, and while the electrical connections for the homes weren’t “hot,” they were sticking out of the ground, causing a hazard. An order to address the concerns was issued, giving the property owners 15 days to make repairs.
On April 22 of this year, the property was sold to new owners from Louisville, Kentucky, for $2.5 million.
At the May 27 meeting of the Board of Public Works and Safety, Manuwal said the issues were not all addressed and one of the owners, Abraham Anderson was in attendance and told the council they intend to address the immediate issues and have plans to drastically improve the park by encouraging and assisting current owners to clean up their properties, getting the grass cut and keeping it cut, and fix issues with trash removal. He said they anticipate bringing in new homes that will be for sale in a year or so.

During this week’s meeting, representatives of the park attended online and were surprised when they found out all the sewer connections hadn’t been capped and that all the grass hadn’t been mowed. This was after the city had given a two-week extension.
Manuwal said the fire department had responded to another fire in the park, and there was a trailer with someone living in it with no electricity. He said there were many units in the park with no power.
Keaton Jamerson said the sewage issues had been fixed, a contractor was addressing the sewer cap issues, and that most of the tall grass had been mowed. He did admit that there was still more immediate work to be completed at the city’s request and asked for more time, saying they appreciated the city’s willingness to work with them.

The Plymouth Board of Public Works and Safety unanimously agreed to a two-week extension to allow time to complete the project list. and told the owners that if everything is not addressed at the next inspection, there would be a fine of up to $2,500. They also told them to keep the building commissioner up to date on the progress.
Several property owners attended the meeting and stated that communication is still an issue. They were also concerned that no one had been given a lease with the new company yet, and they talked about the condition of the roads.
The board said they could not do anything about the leases.
Indiana AG Rokita calls on race fans to raise the red flag on human trafficking ahead of the 110th Indianapolis 500
Make water safety a priority
USPS proposes maintenance, repairs during Mailbox Improvement Week
Indiana BMV branches closed for holiday weekend
BioHeartland launches as the new identity for Indiana’s bioscience ecosystem
Vermillion County receives OCRA grant for home rehabilitation program
More rain, wind, storms possible Tuesday
"Improving Outcomes, Together" theme for National EMS Week
Candidates can begin filing for school board elections on Tuesday
Indiana Natural Resources Commission to hold public hearing for bobcat rule changes
Single-lane closures to impact State Road 63 near Cayuga
Duke Energy breaks ground on Cayuga Energy Complex project
Miller, Vincent lead Parke Heritage Class of 2026
May 15 is National Peace Officers Memorial Day
Indiana Conservation Officers seek help finding track chairs stolen from Fort Harrison State Park
Clay County man among six drug traffickers, including one illegal alien, sentenced to decades in federal prison
