The effort to save a part of a town's past and Indiana basketball history continues in Pulaski County.
Friends of the Medaryville Gymnasium have posted on the group's Facebook page that they are at a point in the process where they need the public's help.
The Medaryville schoolhouse was built in 1921 to replace the former building that became the Medaryville Garment Factory. The factory operated for over 70 years before closing in 1996.
Construction of the school's new gym was in 1951.
17 years later, Medaryville consolidated with Francisville to create West Central in 1968. The gym was used for two more years while the current West Central school was built.
The group's Facebook post includes information that part of applying for a Planning Grant involves getting letters of support from residents. You don't have to live in Medaryville to submit a letter, but they need those that care as much about the success of this project as the Friends of the Medaryville Gymnasium does to make sure their voices are heard.

The public can send letters stating support, how the project will help the community, any unmet needs it will provide, etc to ejgross@kirpc.net or mfederer86@gmail.com, or mail to PO Box 213 Medaryville, IN 47957.
Letters are due by mid October.
Manchester University athletics to move to NAIA, join Crossroads League
Indiana Pacers announce DAZN as new exclusive broadcast partner, including 22 free regular season games
Previewing the Liv Golf Indianapolis Championships, August 20-23
Fever, Pacers, Noblesville Boom and Colts team up to provide $250K for Central Indiana flood relief
Marshall - Starke playing in Special Olympics Indiana 3x3 Women’s Unified Basketball Tournament
Indiana Pacers announce 2026-27 regular season schedule
Grindle leaves Plymouth for Marian coaching position
