An investigation by the Greencastle Police Department into the death of a toddler earlier this year has concluded with no evidence a crime was committed, according to police.
In February, police were called to a residence on Avenue D in Greencastle and found an 18 month boy unresponsive and not breathing. The child was in the care of a babysitter at the time.
"Emergency personnel were dispatched to an unresponsive child. Emergency personnel provided aid and were unable to save the child," Greencastle Police Assistant Chief Ed Wilson said at the time.
Wilson also said in February that police did not suspect foul play, but instead deemed the matter as a "horrible, horrible circumstance."
Wilson confirmed this week to The Putnam County Post that the police department's investigation found no crime was committed and the case has been closed.
"All investigations have been completed and no crime has been determined. The investigation has been closed on our end and has been turned over to the Coroner's Office," Wilson said.
"Improving Outcomes, Together" theme for National EMS Week
Candidates can begin filing for school board elections on Tuesday
Indiana Natural Resources Commission to hold public hearing for bobcat rule changes
Greencastle man at center of sex crimes against children released on bond
Unique insect in the backyard
Cloverdale taps Vigo County educator as new Superintendent
Greencastle open burning curfew flames out
Passing of Greencastle City Councilman a 'Profound Loss'
