A Logansport teen who was arrested on a Level 3 felony rape charge earlier this month entered a not guilty plea in a Cass County Superior Court appearance last week.
Officials reported that bond had already been paid and he was allowed to continue attending classes at Pioneer Jr/Sr High School in Royal Center. The situation sparked concern from parents of students from the school district, prompting Pioneer Superintendent Charles Grable to send a letter to parents and guardians on Sept. 5 explaining that the school corporation was unable to deny any student attendance for a criminal matter that hasn't been adjudicated, nor share any information about criminal matters involving particular students.
“The Pioneer Regional School Corporation does take student safety very seriously and we closely monitor such situations,” the letter said. “We appreciate the thoughtful concern and understanding of our community as we continue our constant efforts toward a safe and quality education for all Pioneer students,” Grable said.
A trail is set for the teen's case Dec. 10.
May 15 is National Peace Officers Memorial Day
Indiana Conservation Officers seek help finding track chairs stolen from Fort Harrison State Park
OCRA, Indiana University announce Frankfort selected for second round of Beat the Heat program
Gov. Braun praises Chariot Automotive Group working With Power Up Indiana to turn training into opportunity
110th running of the Indianapolis 500 a sellout, local TV delay lifted
USDA requires SNAP authorized retailers to carry more real food
